• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce forms online?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Suni

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Does anyone have a link to where I can find forms for no contest divorce with children? I am currently working 2 jobs, 9 am to 6 pm and 7 pm to 12 am. I have no time to go to the court house, I want to print the papers myself, and send them in by mail with a money order for filing fees. I was told by the court clerk that this was acceptable.

Also, I did not ask the clerk this, but can I file in the county that I live in even tho we were married in a different county and my husband currently resides there?

Would it be acceptable to ask that he share responsibility on a debt that was sent to collections under my name alone if it was a utility bill we incurred at our marital home?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Did you try Google? Really?

http://michiganlegalhelp.org/self-help-tools/family/automated-online-divorce-forms

Silverplum

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Does anyone have a link to where I can find forms for no contest divorce with children? I am currently working 2 jobs, 9 am to 6 pm and 7 pm to 12 am. I have no time to go to the court house, I want to print the papers myself, and send them in by mail with a money order for filing fees. I was told by the court clerk that this was acceptable.

Also, I did not ask the clerk this, but can I file in the county that I live in even tho we were married in a different county and my husband currently resides there?

Would it be acceptable to ask that he share responsibility on a debt that was sent to collections under my name alone if it was a utility bill we incurred at our marital home?
http://courts.mi.gov/administration/scao/forms/pages/search-for-a-form.aspx

You can file where you live, as long as you have established legal residency there: http://www.divorcesource.com/ds/michigan/residency-requirements-for-a-michigan-divorce-829.shtml

Silverplum

What are you missing? Please explain in full because as of right now... I have NO idea what you're talking about. I'm so confused.
As you can see in post #4, I was joking about you thanking us for providing legal information in response to your question.

:cool:

Suni

As you can see in post #4, I was joking about you thanking us for providing legal information in response to your question.

:cool:
OH!!! Gosh I feel dense. I actually made two other comments that quoted both of the comments before that one. But they are not visible now. I just realized. I'm sorry, and THANK YOU! ALL OF YOU!! YOU'VE BEEN WONDERFUL, REALLY!!!

:)

Thanks to one of those links, I have all of my papers filled out and in the envelope to be sent to the court house this afternoon! I'm really quite devastated actually...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">