• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce help with child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fciccone812000

Living in the state of New Hampshire....

Ok here is my question. My wife and I have been seperated smy since Feb of 09. We both live on our own. Recently I lost my job back in July and can not find anything up here. I have a chance to move back to RI with my parents for now till I can land a job. My ex-wife is going to file the divorce papers now and I want to know can I get in trouble legally if I move out of state? We decided that I could have out son on the 2nd, 3rd and 5th weekends of every month. She would also like some $ support when I get a job. Can I get in trouble legally if I move? What kind of range should the support be at? Do I juat pay whatever she wants?

Thanks,
Single dad

Isis1

Ok here is my question. My wife and I have been seperated smy since Feb of 09. We both live on our own. Recently I lost my job back in July and can not find anything up here. I have a chance to move back to RI with my parents for now till I can land a job. My ex-wife is going to file the divorce papers now and I want to know can I get in trouble legally if I move out of state? We decided that I could have out son on the 2nd, 3rd and 5th weekends of every month. She would also like some $ support when I get a job. Can I get in trouble legally if I move? What kind of range should the support be at? Do I juat pay whatever she wants?

Thanks,
Single dad

you will not get into any legal trouble for moving. it is your constitutional right to move wherever you like.

the only legal issue would be if you left the state WITH the child to live permanently against a court order.

no, child support is not paid by whatever the custodial parent says.

google "new hampshire child support calculator" you can plug in the number and have a round figure of what the child support will be.

LdiJ

Thanks,
Single dad
You cannot get in legal trouble for moving, but it could effect your parenting time if you are unable to exercise your weekends. Also, all transportation for visitation would fall on you. What is the actual distance between the homes?

Why 2nd and 3rd weekends? Having two weekends in a row means that your children won't see you as consistantly (there are only 4 5th weekends a year).

mistoffolees

You cannot get in legal trouble for moving, but it could effect your parenting time if you are unable to exercise your weekends. Also, all transportation for visitation would fall on you. What is the actual distance between the homes?

Why 2nd and 3rd weekends? Having two weekends in a row means that your children won't see you as consistantly (there are only 4 5th weekends a year).
Actually, with 2nd, 3rd, and 5th weekends, the children will see him MORE than the traditional every other weekend, at least if your figure of 4 5th weekends per month is accurate (it depends on the year, actually, as well as how you define '5th weekend').

If he gets every other weekend, it's 52 weeks / 2 or 26 weekends.

If he gets 2nd and 3rd weeknds, that's 24 weekends (2 x 12 months). Add in 4 fifth weekends (your figure) and that's 28 weekends per year.

LdiJ

Actually, with 2nd, 3rd, and 5th weekends, the children will see him MORE than the traditional every other weekend, at least if your figure of 4 5th weekends per month is accurate (it depends on the year, actually, as well as how you define '5th weekend').

If he gets every other weekend, it's 52 weeks / 2 or 26 weekends.

If he gets 2nd and 3rd weeknds, that's 24 weekends (2 x 12 months). Add in 4 fifth weekends (your figure) and that's 28 weekends per year.
There are specifically 4 5th weekends a year. It does not vary at all. It varies which months have a 5th weekend.

On the months that do not have a fifth weekend, the child(ren) is going to see him two weekends in a row, and then won't see him for 19 days before seeing him again. When its 1st, 3rd, and 5th, its no more than 12 days between seeing a parent. That is what I meant be inconsistant.

mistoffolees

There are specifically 4 5th weekends a year. It does not vary at all. It varies which months have a 5th weekend.

On the months that do not have a fifth weekend, the child(ren) is going to see him two weekends in a row, and then won't see him for 19 days before seeing him again. When its 1st, 3rd, and 5th, its no more than 12 days between seeing a parent. That is what I meant be inconsistant.
I'd take it - for the extra 2 weekends per year.

Of course, he could fix it by asking for 2nd, 4th, and 5th weekends, but there may be a reason why he wanted the middle of the month.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">