• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce help husband using threats

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

88magazine

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona.
Problem. My husband and I were married in New YorK in 1966. He lied told the person he was 25 when he was 21, I was 20. He also commited fraud using different social security numbers throughout our marriage (he admitted to me to keep me from filing for a divorce). We are now living in Arizona. I'm tired of the nasty living conditions, and I'm trying to leave on peaceful terms. My husband said if I file for a divorce he is going to file fraud charges on me for marrying him. What can I do? The problem is that he feels that I am not entitled to his retirement, that I should be homeless. He's gone months at a time, and I know he's up to something. How can I protect myself. I just want to have a peaceful divorce. What can I do?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
File for divorce. Fraud based on what on your behalf? He is the one who lied. Unless you knew he was that age when you married him you didn't lie. At this point in time, he has had plenty of time to use his age 42 years ago to get out of the marriage. He hasn't. File. Ask for half the property, half the debts, spousal support.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona.
Problem. My husband and I were married in New YorK in 1966. He lied told the person he was 25 when he was 21, I was 20. He also commited fraud using different social security numbers throughout our marriage (he admitted to me to keep me from filing for a divorce). We are now living in Arizona. I'm tired of the nasty living conditions, and I'm trying to leave on peaceful terms. My husband said if I file for a divorce he is going to file fraud charges on me for marrying him. What can I do? The problem is that he feels that I am not entitled to his retirement, that I should be homeless. He's gone months at a time, and I know he's up to something. How can I protect myself. I just want to have a peaceful divorce. What can I do?
That is a totally empty threat. File for divorce and your share of the marital property and retirement income.

Even if somehow he were able to prove fraud (and quite frankly its a bit laughable) any statute of limitation is LONG past.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">