• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Help Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jyoung81

Massachusetts

I am going to file for divorce my husband cheated on me. I wanted to know he makes much more than I do he has been the bread winner the whole 9 yrs we have been together but only married for 2 yrs. I moved into his apartment and that is where we have lived do I have the right to kick him out and live there and he finds another place to live?
2. am I entitled to any monthly payments we have no children nothing to divide for property we just rent.

3.He recently tried to kill himself over his girlfriend now he might be deemed as psycho I guess so now does he have more rights than I do ?

He makes more money than me because he owns his own buisness and what I make in a month he makes in a week so I have to stay in the apartment because it is cheap rent as opposed if I moved out?

Any advice here Im so lost ?

Bali Hai

Massachusetts

I am going to file for divorce my husband cheated on me. I wanted to know he makes much more than I do he has been the bread winner the whole 9 yrs we have been together but only married for 2 yrs.

You have had the benefit of a legal marriage contract for two years period!!

I moved into his apartment and that is where we have lived do I have the right to kick him out and live there and he finds another place to live?

Only if he lets you do that!!

2. am I entitled to any monthly payments we have no children nothing to divide for property we just rent.

If the court orders any monthly payments in this case, they should be tried, convicted and hung in the public square!!

3.He recently tried to kill himself over his girlfriend now he might be deemed as psycho I guess so now does he have more rights than I do ?

No, because you are obviously equal to him regarding this.

He makes more money than me because he owns his own buisness and what I make in a month he makes in a week so I have to stay in the apartment because it is cheap rent as opposed if I moved out?

I can see why you are lost and it disturbs me.

tuffbrk

Massachusetts

I am going to file for divorce my husband cheated on me.

Good for you! Don't stay with a loser!

he has been the bread winner for 2 yrs.

Hope you socked some of it away!

I moved into his apartment and that is where we have lived do I have the right to kick him out and live there and he finds another place to live?

Probably not, guessing the lease is in his name?

Nope!

What kind of rights are you referring to? What kind of rights do you think anyone has in a 2 yr marriage? You both have equal rights. You have the right to file for divorce, he has the right to commit suicide.

He makes more money than me because he owns his own buisness and what I make in a month he makes in a week

If his weekly income is equal to your monthly income - after his costs, insurances, tax payments, etc. then you need another job darlin'

so I have to stay in the apartment because it is cheap rent as opposed if I moved out?

If the apartment is cheap, see if the landlord has another rental you could move into.

I encourage you to start looking for a better paying position immediately! Or, of course, you can always stay with the loser and hope he doesn't bring any STD's home to share with you. Good luck! Better you learned what a dog he is after 2 years than after 20 yrs...

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Tuffbrk you are wrong. Her husband does NOT have the legal right to commit suicide. But OP you have no right to kick him out of the apartment. YOu would have to get a court order through family court giving you sole possession of said apartment and if he is on the lease by himself that won't happen.

Bali Hai

I encourage you to start looking for a better paying position immediately! Or, of course, you can always stay with the loser and hope he doesn't bring any STD's home to share with you. Good luck! Better you learned what a dog he is after 2 years than after 20 yrs...
Yeah, but that doesn't help her with the alimony issue!! Maybe the husband is "psycho" enough to be convinced that they were married 20 years and will offer up some!!

tuffbrk

Tuffbrk you are wrong. Her husband does NOT have the legal right to commit suicide. But OP you have no right to kick him out of the apartment. YOu would have to get a court order through family court giving you sole possession of said apartment and if he is on the lease by himself that won't happen.
I was being facetious in making the point that they can each do what they want but should've used his having a girlfriend as it is true that it is against the law to commit suicide...although there's really no legal repercussion to the person that does so if they're successful in their attempt!

BUT-my apologies for the legal misstatement...

This so called "loser" supported OP for nine years! Now why is it when women "cheat" on men it is because they are not being "fulfilled"....and when men "cheat" on women....it's because they are dirty dogs!!! This is why I normally stick to finances...numbers make more sense!!!

Last edited:

tuffbrk

This so called "loser" supported OP for nine years! Now why is it when women "cheat" on men it is because they are not being "fullfilled"....and when men "cheat" on women....it's because they are dirty dogs!!! This is why I normally stick to finances...numbers make more sense!!!
I appreciate your comment, but in my book? Anyone who cheats is a dog - regardless of gender and regardless of money. There are takers and givers in every relationship and if either party is unfulfilled they need to walk first, then find someone new.

LdiJ

This so called "loser" supported OP for nine years! Now why is it when women "cheat" on men it is because they are not being "fulfilled"....and when men "cheat" on women....it's because they are dirty dogs!!! This is why I normally stick to finances...numbers make more sense!!!
I know of no regular poster on these forums who doesn't think that all cheaters are dogs. Where does that come from?

tuffbrk

I know of no regular poster on these forums who doesn't think that all cheaters are dogs. Where does that come from?
I don't know its origins. A female dog is a b*tch, a common name used for a woman who is intimate with a married man? A male dog is indiscriminate in their mating choices so long as the female is in heat..perhaps some combo of the 2 is the basis? Really don't know. Interesting question though...

penelope10

I don't know its origins. A female dog is a b*tch, a common name used for a woman who is intimate with a married man? A male dog is indiscriminate in their mating choices so long as the female is in heat..perhaps some combo of the 2 is the basis? Really don't know. Interesting question though...
Back in the day when my parents were young the term for a male who fooled around a lot was a Tom Cat. Or it they were going out to pick up women it was referred to as "Tom Catting Around."

penelope10

I was being facetious in making the point that they can each do what they want but should've used his having a girlfriend as it is true that it is against the law to commit suicide...although there's really no legal repercussion to the person that does so if they're successful in their attempt!

BUT-my apologies for the legal misstatement...
Just wanted to add there can be legal repercussions for those relatives left who survive a suicide. In most states, when a suicide occurs it is generally handled as a homicide first. Then the determination is made as to suicide. So it's a painful process. And I believe the attempt to commit suicide is in a sense against the law. Because it is an act of committing murder, but it is murder of self rather than another person. And it is dealt with in another way by law enforcement. And for some religions the act is still frowned on to the extent that a person who has committed suicide may not be allowed to be buried in hollowed ground. So it can effect the memories of that person in many ways.

Sorry for the hi jack. One of my children committed suicide several years ago. The fact that he committed suicide almost erroneous stopped me from donating his organs. Which was very important for us as a family. To keep his memory alive in a positive way. So a suicide can in a sense effect a person after they are dead. It can effect how they are remembered after death.

Last edited:

tuffbrk

Oh Penny...I am ever so sorry my being facetious brought up painful memories for you. It certainly wasn't my intention. Certainly should have thought twice before being sarcastic on what is a painful topic for many.

penelope10

Oh Penny...I am ever so sorry my being facetious brought up painful memories for you. It certainly wasn't my intention. Certainly should have thought twice before being sarcastic on what is a painful topic for many.
That is quite ok. I came to terms with this a long time ago. And before this happened I probably would have said the same thing that you did.:)

And in answer to the OP's question about spousal support. I tend to agree with others that the chances of this happening is slim to done. Closer to none.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">