• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce from an Illegal who is in another State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AZdragon

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Ok, where to begin... Long story short is I married my wife in Arizona a little over a year ago. She cannot work due to her legal status and we have had problems filing the paper work due to the cost. She has been in the country for well over 12 years now, originally coming here just for a family visit and stayed to go to school. Now for awhile we were doing ok, but some unexpected costs were hurting us financially, and of course she couldn't work legally. About 4 months ago she moved to another state to work with some former employers that had no problem paying her under the table, so to speak. During that time and even before it, we of course were fighting constantly. I personally don't hate her, I still love her in some fashion, but I really don't see this ever working itself out. She is constantly accusing me of cheating, which isn't true. In fact I'm staying with one of her oldest friends, and he seems to be keeping an eye on me for her. Trust issues aside, how would applying for a divorce work in this situation? I don't want her to get into trouble because of this, but at the same time I don't want to be spending the rest of my life either miles apart or fighting or even in the same house and fighting over the smallest details. We have no kids at all and we don't own any property. I do have a vehicle financed in my name as well as some other debts acquired do to some issues caused by her family and herself. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated and I thank you all ahead of time,

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Arizona

Ok, where to begin... Long story short is I married my wife in Arizona a little over a year ago. She cannot work due to her legal status and we have had problems filing the paper work due to the cost. She has been in the country for well over 12 years now, originally coming here just for a family visit and stayed to go to school. Now for awhile we were doing ok, but some unexpected costs were hurting us financially, and of course she couldn't work legally. About 4 months ago she moved to another state to work with some former employers that had no problem paying her under the table, so to speak. During that time and even before it, we of course were fighting constantly. I personally don't hate her, I still love her in some fashion, but I really don't see this ever working itself out. She is constantly accusing me of cheating, which isn't true. In fact I'm staying with one of her oldest friends, and he seems to be keeping an eye on me for her. Trust issues aside, how would applying for a divorce work in this situation? I don't want her to get into trouble because of this, but at the same time I don't want to be spending the rest of my life either miles apart or fighting or even in the same house and fighting over the smallest details. We have no kids at all and we don't own any property. I do have a vehicle financed in my name as well as some other debts acquired do to some issues caused by her family and herself. Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated and I thank you all ahead of time,
You should probably ask that in the immigration forum. Be sure to explain to them what her current legal status is.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">