• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce and Immigrations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sam112233

What is the name of your state? Texas

I recently just got my divorce finalized and I have had no contact with my now Ex-Wife for over a year. She came here and we got married but that same here she left after 8 months and did not return. According to immigrations if she re-enters the United States within 1 year of her first entry, then she would be allowed back, but if waited past 1 year she would not, which would be considered abandonment of her visa. Well she did come back within the year but not to me, she went to Las Vegas to pursure modeling and stripping with a friend of hers who had also lived here and was from the same country as my Ex. She left her husband who is actually one of my friends and moved to vegas and that is who she stayed with. Well now she is trying to get her green card renewed etc. I was used for a greencard and would like to know if there is anything I can do. Or do I need to report my divorce and case to an immigrations officer or anyone? I guess in a way I was screwed over and I don't feel she should have the satisfaction of being in America.
Thanks
Sam

Bali Hai

What is the name of your state? Texas

I recently just got my divorce finalized and I have had no contact with my now Ex-Wife for over a year. She came here and we got married but that same here she left after 8 months and did not return. According to immigrations if she re-enters the United States within 1 year of her first entry, then she would be allowed back, but if waited past 1 year she would not, which would be considered abandonment of her visa. Well she did come back within the year but not to me, she went to Las Vegas to pursure modeling and stripping with a friend of hers who had also lived here and was from the same country as my Ex. She left her husband who is actually one of my friends and moved to vegas and that is who she stayed with. Well now she is trying to get her green card renewed etc. I was used for a greencard and would like to know if there is anything I can do. Or do I need to report my divorce and case to an immigrations officer or anyone? I guess in a way I was screwed over and I don't feel she should have the satisfaction of being in America.
Thanks
Sam
You don't get to play immigration judge.

If you feel used, that's your problem. Why are you trying to make it her problem?

How would you get your revenge if you had married a US citizen?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">