• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce and IRAs Quadro Order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katiew7459

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I was awarded my ex husbands 401 K - IRA funds in our divorce, we have to get a QUADRO so i can get the money transferred, I can use this money to purchase a house right? DO i have to pay taxes on it? I do have to pay the Quadro Atty fees i found out today... 500 bucks!
Also should i not sign a special warranty deed to take my name off our house before i get my cash? i think not!
Any help appreciated-also is a divorce decree appealable I have recently found that he had a lady friend and purchased a ring for her during the time i moved out (5 mo) we have been seperated since 9-2010 he posted on FB that he has been in a relationship with her since 10-2010... I may sue for my house back! just angry and want to know if its too late? I have pics of them and post from the internet do I have to get a forensic lawyer to get my hard drive information...?

nextwife

You left the marriage and are angry he didn't sit and pine for you and dated in your absense?

You are terribly financially confused. RETIREMENT funds are NOT "cash" and it is folly to think of them as such. They should be rolled over into retirement funds in your name, not treated as cash. You will pay serious taxes and penalties if you cash them in, plus then you won't have them as retirement. Money has never been cheaper - borrow as much as you can afford instead.

The house - is he supposed to be refinancing you off the mortgage? If so you can sign a deed at the refi closing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">