• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce of Jordanian marriage of US citizen

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sadymichele

The state I am a resident of is Louisiana. I am a US citizen. In 1999 I went to Jordan and married a citizen of Syria. It was an arranged marriage. After two weeks of marriage I returned home to US without her. We agreed we would divorce and I never applied for her immigration papers in the US. She left Jordan and went home to Syria and I returned to the US. She would not make the trip back to Jordan to complete the divorce because she claimed she did not have the money to do so. She then married another man in Syria. I am listed as her husband in Jordan, but I do not know if I am listed as her husband in the US. How do I get the divorce finalized? I do not know how to contact the woman I married in Jordan. Is there anyway to do this without having the two of us make a trip to Jordan? Since she has remarried in Syria, her husband not knowing of her marriage to me, and I not knowing how to contact her, what do I do? Thank you.

Well, first see on the international scale if we recognize anything from Jordan or Syria. I would move for divorce in La, and from there you can have a default. How do you know so much about a person you cannot get in contact with???

LdiJ

sadymichele said:
The state I am a resident of is Louisiana. I am a US citizen. In 1999 I went to Jordan and married a citizen of Syria. It was an arranged marriage. After two weeks of marriage I returned home to US without her. We agreed we would divorce and I never applied for her immigration papers in the US. She left Jordan and went home to Syria and I returned to the US. She would not make the trip back to Jordan to complete the divorce because she claimed she did not have the money to do so. She then married another man in Syria. I am listed as her husband in Jordan, but I do not know if I am listed as her husband in the US. How do I get the divorce finalized? I do not know how to contact the woman I married in Jordan. Is there anyway to do this without having the two of us make a trip to Jordan? Since she has remarried in Syria, her husband not knowing of her marriage to me, and I not knowing how to contact her, what do I do? Thank you.
Get an attorney and file for divorce in your home state. It will probably be fairly simple.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">