• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

weezy1c

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

I have been separated from my husband since 1993(we were only together, as husband and wife, for 3 years). I have not seen him since 1993. We lived in Va.,when we last saw each other.He was very abusive while we were together. He threw things at me,and if I hadn't learned to be a good ducker,I would have been hurt a whole lot sooner,than I was. But as he did,he broke my ribs,and he spent time in prison for it.Time passed,and in '97,I moved to South Carolina. Can I still get a divorce,without having separation papers?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

I have been separated from my husband since 1993(we were only together, as husband and wife, for 3 years). I have not seen him since 1993. We lived in Va.,when we last saw each other.He was very abusive while we were together. He threw things at me,and if I hadn't learned to be a good ducker,I would have been hurt a whole lot sooner,than I was. But as he did,he broke my ribs,and he spent time in prison for it.Time passed,and in '97,I moved to South Carolina. Can I still get a divorce,without having separation papers?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina
Consult a local attorney. Most likely there is some method by which you can get divorced, but a local attorney is your best bet to get the information. You will also probably need an attorney to handle the divorce anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">