• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce less than a year

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

goro6968

I live in the State of Maryland. All property issues and custody issues are settled in my divorce. During the 1 year of taking care of the issues I had to live under the same roof to have a chance in custody. In Maryland you have to not co-habitate for 365 days in a row. Can I get a divorce overseas and will it be legal in the state of Maryland? SG

LdiJ

goro6968 said:
I live in the State of Maryland. All property issues and custody issues are settled in my divorce. During the 1 year of taking care of the issues I had to live under the same roof to have a chance in custody. In Maryland you have to not co-habitate for 365 days in a row. Can I get a divorce overseas and will it be legal in the state of Maryland? SG
If the divorce would be legal in the country where you received it, then yes, it would be recognized by Maryland.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">