• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Limbo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JJWmother

What is the name of your state? California

I filed for divorce 10 years ago in Southern California through a "do-it-yourself" company - who filed the paperwork and then disappeared. Part of the propblem is that at that time, there was a court order for child support for my two sons, from 4 years prior -(When I officially left my ex) for only 415.00 a month due to him only making $1200.00 a month in constuction. Now years later we are in Northern CA - my boys are now 17 and 15 - One who is Autistic, another with health issues - and my ex pays whatever he wants to - has no desire to finish the divorce - and earns around $4000.00 - $6000.00 a week - under the table - While we struggle, and there's nothing I can do to prove it. I myself, have now become disabled, and just want him out of our lives (He was also abusive to me - and is still verbally and emotionally abusive to all of us) - He will not return any paperwork for Child Support Services and controls us with the money. How can I finish this nightmare and give us a chance to heal and go on with the rest of our lives? Am I still legally married? Do I have to start over? I can't afford an attorney, and he won't help me pay, nor does he want a divorce, even though he's had a girlfriend for almost 10 years now. He owns 3 cars, drives on a suspended license and lives in hiding at his fathers house. He has friends in AA who have coached him in how to hide your assets, and thinks that since our eldest (The autistic) child who is home 100% - homeschooled by me, is almost 18, that child support will stop then - He also has never paid for any medical insurance, and we are all on Medi-Cal and live on Government programs. It's hard not to be bitter, and I'm trying. Any suggestions or help out there? Do I have to go back down to SC to do this? Financially and physically, that's not an option.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">