• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce and living together

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Bumbed

Hi
I was wondering if a person could file for divorce and live together in the same home?
I live in Massachusetts and it's both of our house. I don't want to leave but am thinking of filing.
I heard they send couples to counseling. I'm thinking this could be the only way to get the help my husband and I need.
HE refuses to see a counselor.
Please HELP!

Deteriorating quiickly

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Bumbed said:
Hi
I was wondering if a person could file for divorce and live together in the same home?
I live in Massachusetts and it's both of our house. I don't want to leave but am thinking of filing.
I heard they send couples to counseling. I'm thinking this could be the only way to get the help my husband and I need.
HE refuses to see a counselor.
Please HELP!

Deteriorating quiickly
My response:

Yes, you can still live together while the action is pending - - hell, you can do so even afterwards if that's what you two want to do. You and he can be "roommates".

No, you cannot force someone into counseling if they don't want it. Despite the fact that the court "offers" counseling, not even the court can "order" someone into marital counseling.

Good luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">