• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce in Maryland

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sadie Virts

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland.

My husband and I both want a no fault divorce, but neither of us can afford to move out of our house located in Maryland. He is sleeping downstairs, while I remain upstairs. Since we are residing in the same house, can I sitill file for divorce and do I have to wait a year to file or can I file now and have it finalized in a year?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland.

My husband and I both want a no fault divorce, but neither of us can afford to move out of our house located in Maryland. He is sleeping downstairs, while I remain upstairs. Since we are residing in the same house, can I sitill file for divorce and do I have to wait a year to file or can I file now and have it finalized in a year?
If there are grounds, you can choose a fault divorce:
Choosing Grounds for Divorce in Maryland

If there are no grounds for a fault divorce, then you need to be separated for 12 months. While there may be exceptions, that usually means living in a different house.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">