• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce/mediated agreement invalid/unknown previous signed order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Robiii

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I initially filed for divorce around May 2016 prose, me and my x ended up going thru mediation and came to an agreement but I sacrificed a lot of my rights in order to establish some peace and I exchange for extra time with my children. My children were alienated from me for almost 2 years and I hear it in their cries when I try and drop them off. The mediation made it a final order that was to be drafted by the defendants attorney with the only thing pending was for the courts to determine my income to set child support. in the meantime I was trying to get my children's birth certificate and socials and was having an issue with my daughter as I was not listed as the father on her birth certificate. I requested a certified copy of a document that stated that I was so I could be placed on her birth certificates. When I received it in the mail it turned out to be an order back from a case that started 2010 and was signed 2011 by a judge that stipulated I was the father, and other things that I think takes precedent over the mediated agreement and makes it invalid, that is my first question??? Second, how do I notify the defendants attorney and the court of this??? Thirdly, am I now to consolidate both cases and file to modify the existing order??? one of the main things my X is fighting the fact that we never lived together and that we were never married... we were together about 8 years with 2 separations so technically we only were together for about 6 years, the last 4 years I was a stay at home dad while she advanced her education and career. I put my business on the backburner. Once we separated the 2nd time, January 1,2015, I was homeless for about 1 1/2 years due to depression from not being able to see my children. I now share an apartment with a roommate and have steady income working on getting a 2- 3 bedroom. Some of the rights I sacrificed was division of property since in the mediation I agreed that we were not married... hope this gives a good idea of my situation

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">