• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce mess

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

skibunni

My dad's wife filed for a divorce 3 weeks ago. He is not here for them to serve him with the papers. If he does not return, how will they handle him not being served? What will become of community property and most importantly...what will become of SEPERATE property? Do his children need to get a lawyer so this woman who is 40 years younger than him doesn't take him to the cleaners? They do have a 4 year old together and she is not yet a citizen.

S

scumcoast

Don't accept service for him but I advise you to contact him and let him know so he can follow up on the proceedints. If he does not contact them and do something she may win a default divorce. His children have nothing to do with fighting this for him he must do it himself. I assume you do know were you can notify him. Don't wait to long.

S

skibunni

Honestly, he has not contacted any of his children for about 6 weeks.

What would happen to seperate property that can be proven was owned before the marriage? Are we entitled to any of it?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">