• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce need help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lonelymom2009

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona
My husband also said that he would take my kids and that I would never see them again, how do I stop that. He's serious mental issues depression. Can I get the court to order him into treatment

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? arizona
My husband also said that he would take my kids and that I would never see them again, how do I stop that. He's serious mental issues depression. Can I get the court to order him into treatment
Unless you can prove that he's mentally incompetent, the court is not likely to order treatment.

What you can do is file for divorce and ask for temporary custody. As soon as you file for divorce, there will be an automatic order that he can't take the kids and hide them - if he does so, you go back to court and have him found in contempt and then probably get the FBI involved (if there's any reason to believe that he crossed state lines).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">