• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce, no money, no family

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crockett11

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

A 20 year old in Conroe, Tx is being divorced by her husband and she has no money or family to help her. Her husband has kicked her out of the house which is not his or hers, moved a 40 year old woman in, has her 18 month old baby which is being kept by this 40 year old woman. The 40 year old is supposed to be his lover and the girl has caught them in bed several times. The 40 year was fired from a bank for stealing over 100 thousand dollars and has admoitted guilt to the FBI. She ias waiting to be arrested and moved through the federal system. The 40 year old is going through a divorce herself and her husband has a restraining order against her to keep her away from their own trhee daughters. The husband has a lawyer but the young wife has nothing. She was a stay at home mom and has no money or family. How can she be helped. Police say the husband has possession of her daughter and she cannot do anything about it. Some one must be able to help her in Conroe.

Crockett11

Who are you in this situation?
This girl is a friend of my sons. She had asked advice as to who she could call. I talked to the girl and she told me the facts. She only gets to see her baby when her husband decides to let her see her. This is a sad case. I would be glad to supply contact details to anyone who can help.

CourtClerk

Tell her to do one of two things:

1. Register here and ask all the questions she'd like

2. Find a Legal Aid Society in her area.

Crockett11

Tell her to do one of two things:

1. Register here and ask all the questions she'd like

2. Find a Legal Aid Society in her area.
She has no access to monitor the net. She is living where ever she can. Forget it. We will try to find her help else where. I will however, ask her to call Legal Aid Society.

Just Blue

This girl is a friend of my sons. She had asked advice as to who she could call. I talked to the girl and she told me the facts. She only gets to see her baby when her husband decides to let her see her. This is a sad case. I would be glad to supply contact details to anyone who can help.
Tell her to go to a shelter and ask for services. She can also go to the library and use their computers.

nextwife

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

A 20 year old in Conroe, Tx is being divorced by her husband and she has no money or family to help her. Her husband has kicked her out of the house which is not his or hers, moved a 40 year old woman in, has her 18 month old baby which is being kept by this 40 year old woman. The 40 year old is supposed to be his lover and the girl has caught them in bed several times. The 40 year was fired from a bank for stealing over 100 thousand dollars and has admoitted guilt to the FBI. She ias waiting to be arrested and moved through the federal system. The 40 year old is going through a divorce herself and her husband has a restraining order against her to keep her away from their own trhee daughters. The husband has a lawyer but the young wife has nothing. She was a stay at home mom and has no money or family. How can she be helped. Police say the husband has possession of her daughter and she cannot do anything about it. Some one must be able to help her in Conroe.
She's ONLY twenty and has THREE kids? Did she have any multiple births?

She'll need a job, because I can't imagine any scenario in which a twenty year old has had a marriage long term enough to be entitled to any long term spousal support.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

She'll need a job, because I can't imagine any scenario in which a twenty year old has had a marriage long term enough to be entitled to ant long term spousal support.
The 40 year old I believe has three children and a restraining order preventing the 40 year old from accessing the children.

Just Blue

She'll need a job, because I can't imagine any scenario in which a twenty year old has had a marriage long term enough to be entitled to ant long term spousal support.
No Nextie...The NEW girlfriend has 3 children...she is 40.

mommyof4

I think the 40 year old, soon to be arrested, glorified baby sitter is the one with 3 kids.

I think the 20 year old just has the one baby.

Her post was a bit confusing.

Crockett11

Tell her to go to a shelter and ask for services. She can also go to the library and use their computers.
This forum is hard for a snit like me to understand. I do not know what a snit is or who it is referring to but I assume the ones using it must be one also.. I am not the husband, girl friend or any other perverted individual. I am merely a 61 year old grandfather who is a Christian and will help someone if I can. This girl has problems. The Conroe police, after being told to leave the house and being told she could not get her daughter, told the girl that possession is 9/10 of the law and they could not make her husband give her the baby. This girl has no lawyer, is 20 years old, and is totally lost. I did not come on here to hear snippits of BS and lawyers to be , just trying to help someone in need. Since my first post, I contacted her and she has called Lone Star Legal Aid and was told lines are very busy and call back later. I also gave her the numbers of some womens shelters who also offer some legal support. I did find out that she has a sister who lives about 70 miles away who she stays with when she can but her husband also took her car so she has no way to get around.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
This forum is hard for a snit like me to understand. I do not know what a snit is or who it is referring to but I assume the ones using it must be one also.. I am not the husband, girl friend or any other perverted individual. I am merely a 61 year old grandfather who is a Christian and will help someone if I can. This girl has problems. The Conroe police, after being told to leave the house and being told she could not get her daughter, told the girl that possession is 9/10 of the law and they could not make her husband give her the baby. This girl has no lawyer, is 20 years old, and is totally lost. I did not come on here to hear snippits of BS and lawyers to be , just trying to help someone in need. Since my first post, I contacted her and she has called Lone Star Legal Aid and was told lines are very busy and call back later. I also gave her the numbers of some womens shelters who also offer some legal support. I did find out that she has a sister who lives about 70 miles away who she stays with when she can but her husband also took her car so she has no way to get around.
Here is the thing -- the girl has equal rights to hubby for the baby. BUT the girl LEFT the baby with the husband. The police will NOT force the legal parent of the child to turn the child over to the other parent. Seriously, she needs an attorney.

She could always move back in to the marital home. And if hubby threatens her get a restraining order. She could also go to court and petition for temporary custody of the baby. However she is going to have issues since she left the baby with her husband and thus stated to the court that she believed the husband was fit. SHE needs an attorney.

mommyof4

Geez, I was trying to help you (her) out.

The 'snit' comment is a signature line and was NOT directed at you.

Here:

TexasLawHelp.org | Legal Programs Directory

Crockett11

Geez, I was trying to help you (her) out.

The 'snit' comment is a signature line and was NOT directed at you.

Here:

TexasLawHelp.org | Legal Programs Directory
One further comment, the girl did not leave her baby, the husband and his live in lover made her leave and changed the locks on the house. The home is owned by someone who the husband knows and has allowed them to live there. The girl tried to go back in the house and get her daughter but the police said no. They told her that the next time they called them, the would take the baby to Child Protective Services. The girl was afraid to let her baby go there. The girl definately needs an att'y and this gets me back to my orriginal post.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">