• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce in OK

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Don Russell

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma. I have lived here sinc 2011. I was married, civil ceremony, in CO in 2003. My wife still lives in CO (I am fairly certain) I want to serve her with divorce papers. I found her current address, but I do not have her DOB nor her SSN. Are those numbers necessary in order to file for divorce? I have had no contact with her in at least 5 years. If I do have to have her DOB and SSN, how do I obtain them? Thanks.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Oklahoma. I have lived here sinc 2011. I was married, civil ceremony, in CO in 2003. My wife still lives in CO (I am fairly certain) I want to serve her with divorce papers. I found her current address, but I do not have her DOB nor her SSN. Are those numbers necessary in order to file for divorce? I have had no contact with her in at least 5 years. If I do have to have her DOB and SSN, how do I obtain them? Thanks.
How could you not know her DOB? If you filed joint tax returns during the period you were together her SSN would be on the tax returns.

Don Russell

How could you not know her DOB? If you filed joint tax returns during the period you were together her SSN would be on the tax returns.
I barely knew her DOB when I was with her. She had a CPA and a biz, handled the taxes, etc. I have no idea if she ever filed us jointly. She had me thrown in prison (ex felon with a gun) cause I left her. She basically forced me to marry her. I was in CO on a work permit, on a 10 year Federal "special parole" (out of ILLinois) I had no desire to even look at her, much less marry her. So I had no interest in learning anything about her. I ran a subprime mortgage office for her, basically, for 3 years. She gambled away or other wise blew about 75k per year, made me sick. I got off the parole and left her. I got out of prison in 2010, got off supervised release a few months ago, and I want her GONE. She used my name to set up an LLC, bought a 2 year old, $30,000 SUV after I went to prison, lost it 2 years late, and now they want 12k out of ME. That aint happening.

So, do I need her DOB and ssn to file for divorce, or not? If I do, how do I get them? thanks.

Don Russell

I just discovered that I can file for SS retirement right now

I"ll be 62 in 2 months, the eligibility limit for application is 3 months prior to your turning 62. However, I am divorcing. Am I at any risk of losing some of my SS pension to my ex? She is 8 years older than I, has been drawing SS retirement for several years now.

LdiJ

I"ll be 62 in 2 months, the eligibility limit for application is 3 months prior to your turning 62. However, I am divorcing. Am I at any risk of losing some of my SS pension to my ex? She is 8 years older than I, has been drawing SS retirement for several years now.
No, there is no possibility that you would lose any of your SS benefits to your ex. Ex spouses can draw SS benefits on their Ex's earnings record in some circumstances but that has no impact on the benefits that their Ex would be eligible to receive.

Don Russell

No, there is no possibility that you would lose any of your SS benefits to your ex. Ex spouses can draw SS benefits on their Ex's earnings record in some circumstances but that has no impact on the benefits that their Ex would be eligible to receive.
thank you, I will file online TODAY. :)

Can you please tell me if I can proceed with divorce filing withiout knowing my wife's DOB or SSN? THANK YOU

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">