• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce in Oklahoma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bonniewil

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma My son was married for 2 years and has a daughter by his wife. Out of the blue she kicked him out the 11th of November and couldn't tell him why. She told him he couldn't see his daughter. She filed for divorce on November 23rd but didn't let him know. I heard she had filed for divorce but when she was asked she lied about it. She said she hadn't filed and whoever told us that was wrong. She tells lie after lie after lie. I don't think she is capable of telling the truth. The question I have is how long should it take to serve a summons in Oklahoma when a divorce is filed and one party doesn't know about the divorce because she keeps telling him she wants to talk about it and work things out but she lied about filing? She is still lying about everything. What should my son do? Can she file Pro Se with a child involved? My son didn't want a divorce he wants to work things out. Help!!! We need some answers soon.

Last edited:

LdiJ

bonniewil said:
What is the name of your state? Oklahoma My son was married for 2 years and has a daughter by his wife. Out of the blue she kicked him out the 11th of November and couldn't tell him why. She told him he couldn't see his daughter. She filed for divorce on November 23rd but didn't let him know. I heard she had filed for divorce but when she was asked she lied about it. She said she hadn't filed and whoever told us that was wrong. She tells lie after lie after lie. I don't think she is capable of telling the truth. The question I have is how long should it take to serve a summons in Oklahoma when a divorce is filed and one party doesn't know about the divorce because she keeps telling him she wants to talk about it and work things out but she lied about filing? She is still lying about everything. What should my son do? Can she file Pro Se with a child involved? My son didn't want a divorce he wants to work things out. Help!!! We need some answers soon.
If she did file, then your son can expect to be served within a few days. Yes, she can file pro se when a child is involved.

However, if your son wants to know for sure, and doesn't want to wait to be served, then he can take himself down to the local courthouse on Monday morning and see if a file has been opened.

bonniewil

We found the file on the internet

LdiJ said:
If she did file, then your son can expect to be served within a few days. Yes, she can file pro se when a child is involved.

However, if your son wants to know for sure, and doesn't want to wait to be served, then he can take himself down to the local courthouse on Monday morning and see if a file has been opened.
We know she filed beccause we found all the information on the internet. The woman has done nothing but lie ever since my son met her. I think she is incapable of telling the truth. I guess we need to find a lawyer as soon as possible and try to get custody of the child.

LdiJ

bonniewil said:
We know she filed beccause we found all the information on the internet. The woman has done nothing but lie ever since my son met her. I think she is incapable of telling the truth. I guess we need to find a lawyer as soon as possible and try to get custody of the child.
No, your son needs to get an attorney as quickly as possible....and your son may need to try to get pri**** custody of the child, depending on who has been the pri**** caretaker of the child.

I know that may sound wierd, but its best for your son for you to take the "we" out of your vocabulary. It tends to irritate judges and court professionals if they believe that grandparents or new spouses/significant others are getting too involved in the process.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">