• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce packets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Casey1954

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Fl
"I have custody of my 8 yr old grandson and have had him since he was 2 weeks old. Parents want to divorce and keep custody the same. Can they fill out packet for no children and no property in Florida?"

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
"I have custody of my 8 yr old grandson and have had him since he was 2 weeks old. Parents want to divorce and keep custody the same. Can they fill out packet for no children and no property in Florida?"
No - they should consult with an attorney.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
In what court were you granted custody?

LdiJ

No - they should consult with an attorney.
I suspect that if they simply attach an additional piece of paper to the packet explaining that the only child of the marriage is currently in the legal custody of his/her grandparent, that it would be sufficient.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Circuit Court
Is that the same court in which they would be filing for divorce? If so, then the parents would have to list the child as being under the jurisdiction of that case. If not, then the parents would have to list the child as being under the jurisdiction of a different court. They would then be divorced as though they do not have a child.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">