• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

the divorce papers say...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

vimnjicki

Ok, I am the second wife, in my husbands divorce papers, it is stated, we have 50/50 custody of the minor children 16 and 11, and we are to alternate holidays. For the past 5 years since thanksgiving has landed on her week to have the boys, we just let her celebrate it with them, but the celebration involves going to my husbands mother and brothers home in san francisco. The ex has already alerted us this week that by no means will the children spend thanksgiving with us since she has been taking them for the past 5 years and now has a tradition started. We said well it falls on our week this next year and we would like to take them to my husbands brother and mothers home. She said she will appeal to the court and where the "Divorce papers carry some weight, she states, the court will obviously rule in her favor." Is is utterly ridiculous and does anyone know if such a thing would be granted by the court. It isn't the childrens benefit she is wanting to go, it is for her own. She has not been cast out of the family by some members understandably and she will not let go of them either. Please comment, thank you. vicki

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

That's a good one . . . "tradition".

If she thinks that's a good reason as a "change in circumstances" for the court to "hang it's hat on" to change the visitation/holiday schedule, then by all means, let her go to court - - and waste her money.

Some people just don't get it. Unless there is a legally cognizable "change in circumstances", the court's orders will always stand. But, some people have money to waste.

IAAL

G

Grandma B

Remember to petition that she be ordered to pay his court costs also for dragging him there for a stupid reason.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">