• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Papers served and no response

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Da_Dreamz

I am a petitioner in a divorce, filed papers and served Plaintiff Oct of 2000. Have proof of service papers and have a case number but plaintiff never responded..My question is will I need to re-file the papers again or can I file Request to Enter Default form? This case is in California.

Thank-You

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Da_Dreamz said:
I am a petitioner in a divorce, filed papers and served Plaintiff Oct of 2000. Have proof of service papers and have a case number but plaintiff never responded..My question is will I need to re-file the papers again or can I file Request to Enter Default form? This case is in California.
Thank-You

My response:

Make 2 copies of each of the following:

a. Summons

b. Proof of Service

c. Request for Entry of Default.

Now, file the originals of each of those with one copy (for conforming and return to you). While those are being filed with the court, you keep the last copy of each in your file. When the conformed copies come back from the court, then you can throw away the copies of each that are in your file.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">