• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce in Pennsylvania

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PAWashington

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I have actually talked to a couple attorney. still not decide which one to use

married for 6 years, no kids, cannot stand up husband's cheating, mentally, verbally abuse.

no debt at all. House we purchased by cash after we married and he paid out of his pocket. He is a physician and makes about 180,000 a year, i am making 45,000 a year.
He has some savings on his own name, i have some savings on my own name. He did not save that much compared what he makes since he pays child support(his first marriage) and support some of his mistresses. by the way he ****ed his ex-wife whenever he visits the child(in a different state) while married to me and the same time ****ed some secretary at work

question: do i get half of the house ? one attorney told me i can only get some of it very likely lesst than 50% since i did not pay for it, the other said i will get 50% of it

it is 6 years long marriage, and i know it is short. Do i get spousal support since he makes more than 4 times I make?

Last edited:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I have actually talked to a couple attorney. still not decide which one to use

married for 6 years, no kids, cannot stand up husband's cheating, mentally, verbally abuse.

no debt at all. House we purchased by cash after we married and he paid out of his pocket. He is a physician and makes about 180,000 a year, i am making 45,000 a year.
He has some savings on his own name, i have some savings on my own name. He did not save that much compared what he makes since he pays child support(his first marriage) and support some of his mistresses. by the way he ****ed his ex-wife whenever he visits the child(in a different state) while married to me and the same time ****ed some secretary at work

question: do i get half of the house ? one attorney told me i can only get some of it very likely lesst than 50% since i did not pay for it, the other said i will get 50% of it

it is 6 years long marriage, and i know it is short. Do i get spousal support since he makes more than 4 times I make?
You should be able to get 1/2 of the house since it was purchased during the marriage....and 1/2 of any other assets that accrued during the marriage.

Spousal support isn't all that likely since you make a reasonable wage and your marriage is fairly short term. If you do get any, it will likely be very short term.

nextwife

Maybe. If he converted one premarital asset into a RE asset, it may still be seperate property, if all money used to buy the house was premarital. If I have 40,000 in a premarital mutual fund and transfer it to a bond after marriage, I could argue that I maintained it's seperate integrity by not mixing marital funds into it. Of course, if her name is on title, the above is moot.

If a person owns a two family before marriage, and starkers it during marriage into a different two family, without adding any marital funds, IS it a "new investment" or deferred gains on an old investment?

PAWashington

thank you for the replies

my name is on the title or deed whatever you call that thing

He makes a lot at least comparing what i am making. He has SEP account, stocks, bonds and so on for more than a million bucks. Attorney says i only get the money he saved after our marriage. but how easy to caculate that and also what if he moves his money away.

I know he will fight for it and i don't know what my chances are.

He fought with his ex for child support, alimony for their a year long marriage( just long enough to have the baby )and he kept ****ing her!!! he is 15 years older than me and he ****ed somebody his age at work!!!! it makes me so mad

after I found it out two years ago, i developed major depression and even committed suicide and was on short term disability for a while and sought consuling for my depression. he made me so mad!!!

Last edited:

CourtClerk

after I found it out two years ago, i developed major depression and even committed suicide...
OK, OK, OK....I just wanted to point out that the OP committed suicide and lived to tell about it.

OP...your husband's prior issues with his former wife don't matter if you're in a no fault divorce state. It's a horrible thing...but get over it already.

I agree with LDiJ, spousal support (if any) would be temporary since you seem able to support yourself quite well. Maybe not up to the standards of joint 200K+ a year, but 45K is a good start for a single person with no children. I wouldn't count on long term support.

PAWashington

thank you courtclerk
i am actually not expecting spousal support. i know it is not going be much or long(if any), one of the attornies pointed out if i file i should drag the divorce for two years so that i can get spousal support(if any)

I am more concerned about the assets we have right now, expecially house which worth about 450k.

Of course no divorce is happy, it hurts at least hurt me after what i have done to the family. i helped him in everyway, beside what he makes, i helped him making tens of thousands of dollars in the past 6 years besides his regular income and nothing stop him from being unloyal to the family.

He also said he owes his sister 200k whick i doubt it, he wants to give the money back to her sister

nextwife

thank you courtclerk
i am actually not expecting spousal support. i know it is not going be much or long(if any), one of the attornies pointed out if i file i should drag the divorce for two years so that i can get spousal support(if any)

I am more concerned about the assets we have right now, expecially house which worth about 450k.

Of course no divorce is happy, it hurts at least hurt me after what i have done to the family. i helped him in everyway, beside what he makes, i helped him making tens of thousands of dollars in the past 6 years besides his regular income and nothing stop him from being unloyal to the family.

He also said he owes his sister 200k whick i doubt it, he wants to give the money back to her sister
First, assets he brought INTO the marriage which are seperately held are NOT marital assets. So don't presume you are entitled to any share of his premarital assets. Same with 401ks, etc. ONLY the portion that accrued during the marriage is split.

And, as it is a short term marriage, the differences in income will have little relevance.

Bali Hai

thank you courtclerk

And do you think the judge won't see that strategy?? The attorney who said that has his head up his ass. Your husbands attorney will point that out to the court.

Do you want a ****ing divorce or don't you? If so, file, get the damn thing and move on with your life spiteful, vindictive gold digger.

nextwife

Personally, I think that expecting someone to support you, when you are an adult, perfectly capable of supporting yourself AND also only married to the guy a mere 6 years (that's half of how long I've been married and I consider our 12 year marriage to be short).

Maybe the fact that he makes so much more than you is due to what he chose to do BEFORE you and he hooked up? And maybe due to what you DIDN'T choose as a priority? If so, his greater earning capacity has nothing to do with you, nor should he have to pay you because you didn't choose to pursue a higher paying career the way he did.

Last edited:

Bali Hai

Personally, I think that expecting someone to support you, when you are an adult, perfectly capable of supporting yourself AND also only married to the guy a mere 6 years (that's half of how long I've been married and I consider our 12 year marriage to be short).

Maybe the fact that he makes so much more than you is due to what he chose to do BEFORE you and he hooked up? And maybe due to what you DIDN'T choose as a priority? If so, his greater earning capacity has nothing to do with you, nor should he have to pay you because you didn't choose to pursue a higher paying career the way he did.
It amazes me how these women think that they should be paid for putting their TIME into a marriage. Well husbands put their TIME into a marriage as well and to these women that just doesn't count.

She couldn't have been all that great in bed or the doctor husband wouldn't have been checking the temperature of two other women with his thermometer.

nextwife

by the way he ****ed his ex-wife whenever he visits the child(in a different state) while married to me and the same time ****ed some secretary at work
And, as this IS a public and legal forum, it would have been appreciated if the OP had used a bit more discretion in her choice of language when explaining that her husband had strayed during the marriage.

Last edited:

Bali Hai

Irrelevant. SS is not repayment for a good you-know-what.
To SOME women SS is repayment for a good you-know-what among other things.

The problem is that a good you-know-what is subjective and her performance is just wishful thinking that she could get money for it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">