• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce/probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jkbrokenhearted

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin
I want to get a divorce from my wife, however i have been in trouble with the law before for attemped burgerly (spelling) and i have 13 months of probation left. i have to report any law enforcement contact to my probation officer. my friend has told me that i have to wait till my probation is up to get a divorce or even a legal seperation so i will not be thrown in jail for excessive contact with law enforcement? i was wondering if anyone could help me out on this? There is also one other thing.... i want to start seeing a girl from my past i was wondering if i need to wait to even get a legal seperation till after my probation is up?
Can anyone help me?

Last edited:

nurse_nan

I don't think divorce action is considered law enforcement. So I fail to see how this could affect your probation. Ditch the girlfriend until the marriage is settled. What, going from the frying pan into the fire?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">