• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

BettyG

I was divorced in May 2001. My ex and I were involved in a lawsuit over a home we were having built. At the time of the divorce, we were in the process of trying to settle the lawsuit over the house. With that in mind, I agreed to wait for the lawsuit to settle before him having to pay me for my half of the house that we lived in. Well, as you might have guessed, the lawsuit did not settle and is still going on and will probably do so for another year. I need to get my money from him so I can do some things to the place I bought to live in. What I need to know, should I hire an attorney to try to get my money? He agreed in divorce to pay me $300 per month until he pays the entire amount. Sure could use it. I am retired and having to work to try to make ends meet. I owned a house and a new car when we met and I left with neither. Had to start over. He had nothing but a small paperbag with his clothes in it. Help!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">