• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce proceedings sentenced to less than yr county, property and business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

neviksfriend

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA I will be incarcerated in about 1 week. Can my wife whom started divorce proceedings take my home which she left and hasn't occupied in over 2 years and my business which she has not been apart of for more than 2 years? Help I need answers and I need them fast. Also Judge knows about criminal case and hates me. So far everything has gone in her direction only. I paid for a lawyer $8000 and he did nothing for my case. I had to fire him. Couldn't afford it. Pro Per basically. Do I have any options or do I just lose everything based on all her lies etc. My friend is in trouble and I want to help him.

Last edited:

Some Random Guy

I'm sure that your wife will argue that she was not living in your house and running your business the last two years due to your criminal activity.

However, it won't make much difference because she was still married to you and is entitled to a portion of the marital property. Do you have any good reason why the full values of the house and business are not marital property?

Did your lawyer have any input on that before you fired him?

My friend is in trouble and I want to help him.
Well, that's nice, but your post is talking about you. Who is this friend?

neviksfriend

Additional Info... Some Random Guy & others

undefined
neviksfriend said:
What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA I will be incarcerated in about 1 week. Can my wife whom started divorce proceedings take my home which she left and hasn't occupied in over 2 years and my business which she has not been apart of for more than 2 years? Help I need answers and I need them fast. Also Judge knows about criminal case and hates me. So far everything has gone in her direction only. I paid for a lawyer $8000 and he did nothing for my case. I had to fire him. Couldn't afford it. Pro Per basically. Do I have any options or do I just lose everything based on all her lies etc. My friend is in trouble and I want to help him.
CALIFORNIA Additional Info to original post***Wrote on behalf of friend. Sorry to confuse you***************
Wife left 2 yrs ago for best friend of 35 years aka brother-in-law. While gone she sold the family timeshare without his knowledge, transferred their vehicle ($30K) into her name only and took over $200K from their savings, retirement, etc. He was then set up by son & son's ex-girlfriend where he was left holding the gun "so to speak". Son sided with the girlfriend got probation and Dad gets time+ probation. Dad gets framed for trying to help son w/land shark girlfriend that broke into home 3+ times or more to rob Dad for $, valuables, etc. Me and friend got him out of jail 18 days later on a $1,000,000 bond. Reptile family did nothing to help only to complain about no $ 4 vacations, shopping, etc. This guy doesn't deserve what these reptiles have done to him and his life. Majority of accusations are lies and people fall for it. They've even convinced his immediate family & friends of these malicious lies. Wife began spreading these lies several years ago. I've never met such cold blooded money hungry vultures that didn't want to work, but only steal and sell things of value that belong to others. While in jail and house unattended. Mom a few months back gets dumped by boyfriend no place to live and grown kids 27 & 24 no place to live no $. So they found a plan. Got rid of Dad and took back house (PIF). Prentending to take care of business they managed to take over $81K$ while destroying him & the business he started. A bus. 10+ years he started and ran alone after learning they were stealing $1000s. Mom kept books but when she left he came to realize he grossed 6 figures plus+ a year. When he found what was happening he let it go (family). Recently learned she'd been taking and planning this horrific act all along. Mr. Nice Guy came to realize the cold blooded family he was living with for 29 years were sick evil inhuman reptiles that he didn't really ever know after all.​

Last edited:

Bali Hai

neviksfriend said:
undefined
Recently learned she'd been taking and planning this horrific act all along. Mr. Nice Guy came to realize the cold blooded family he was living with for 29 years were sick evil inhuman reptiles that he didn't really ever know after all.[/LEFT]

You forgot to mention HIS lawyer as well as HERS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">