• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce & Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jeepster

What is the name of your state? Washington

My daughter's husband has just informed her that he doesn't want to be married anymore. They've been married 1.5 years and just bought a house this last June. What happens to the house? Her soon to be ex is moving out but will still pay his share of the house payment. He's very worried about this property. My daughter wants to move home which is about 1.5 hours away, she can't afford to stay where she's at. What should she do to safeguard her share in their property? :confused:

Happy Trails

Jeepster said:
What is the name of your state? Washington

My daughter's husband has just informed her that he doesn't want to be married anymore. They've been married 1.5 years and just bought a house this last June. What happens to the house? Her soon to be ex is moving out but will still pay his share of the house payment. He's very worried about this property. My daughter wants to move home which is about 1.5 hours away, she can't afford to stay where she's at. What should she do to safeguard her share in their property? :confused:
Get a lawyer.
The property will get divided according to Washington's state laws.

Go here to learn more:

http://www.divorcesource.com/info/divorcelaws/washington.shtml

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">