• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Property Settlement and a Squirrelly Mortgage Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seahawkfan_nc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina.
My divorce decree states the ex get house and I get a property settlement of $27,000. As of the writing she is in contempt of court for failing to pay the settlement.

Yesterday she calls to tell that a mortgage company will contact me as he preparing to “pay me.” So later in the day “Ms. B.O.” calls to say she will email me two forms to sign and fax back. She also requests that I send a copy of my driver’s license to full the Patriot Act requirement.

She only sent one document “Borrower Signature Authorization.” This document states, my signature is required to “process my mortgage loan application” and/or “to be used in the processing of my application for a mortgage loan.”
I email her back to say “I have not submitted a mortgage loan application with XX Mortgage Inc. If a mortgage loan application was submitted in my name, it is a fraud.” Plus I requested the next person in her office hierarchy or manager/boss contact me otherwise I will report this to the proper authorities. She email be back today stating I miss understood her directions and her boss will contact me today. The boss never did.
My understanding of the Patriot Act requirement is a disclosure that all mortgage brokers must verify the identity of a borrower prior to obtaining a new mortgage loan. Again, I state I have not submitting an application/apply for mortgage loan with XX Mortgage Inc.
Thoughts?

Hawk Fan

mistoffolees

Call and ask for a supervisor.
I would also file a report for identify theft. You can always drop it if it turns out to be an innocent error. I would also contact the credit reporting agencies to tell them what happened to have a stop put on your credit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">