• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce by Publication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dballar6

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
I am currently pricing and procedure on divorce by publication. The last known city of my spouse is Lexington,KY. What do I need to do, how much does it cost and how long does the process take?

Thank you

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia
I am currently pricing and procedure on divorce by publication. The last known city of my spouse is Lexington,KY. What do I need to do, how much does it cost and how long does the process take?

Thank you
You need to read the local rules. You need to attempt to perform due diligence to get a current address (contact spouse's relatives, do an internet search, etcetera and so forth) and attempt service by certified mail. Then you can progress to service by publication which would be done per the court's rules (most likely a couple hundred dollars to publish for six weeks or so in a local legal news publication). It can be quite expensive.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">