• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce by publication-Need instructions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jodie104

What is the name of your state?OKLAHOMA: Need to know the steps in filing a divorce by publication.

I need to get a divorce, and don't know where my ex is. I was told I could file without knowing but I would have to send certified letter to last known address, then put in paper.

BUT....I don't know exactly what I need to do and in what order...

Any help greatly appreciated.

JH

S

seniorjudge

Jodie104 said:
What is the name of your state?OKLAHOMA: Need to know the steps in filing a divorce by publication.

I need to get a divorce, and don't know where my ex is. I was told I could file without knowing but I would have to send certified letter to last known address, then put in paper.

BUT....I don't know exactly what I need to do and in what order...

Any help greatly appreciated.

JH
You will need a lawyer unless you know how to do this yourself. This is quite tricky and can only be done one way: the right way.

dreamstar101

Divorce by Publication

GA
I Just went through divorce by publication, I had to get a lawyer.
He filed for me, but you have to run an add in a local paper (your hometown paper is fine) for 6 weeks. You have to apply for divorce by publication with the local (your current home town) court.
The court clerk has to send the paperwork to the last known address of your ex when you file. Don't forget the filing fees. Call local court house how much fee is. you or your lawyer has to take care of publication, has to run 6 weeks, than you have to call court for divorce date (Hearing). You have to show up. Very quick & easy process.
Hope I could help you out.

gatorguy3

you will have to check your statutes. In florida it mentions the letter to the ex's last known address. The letter is actually a form of "Constructive Notice." The statutes also mention an add in the paper. You will also need to see how long you will need to run the add. Again, it depends on the statutes in OK.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">