• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needivorce3

N.J. I found out my husband is gay. We are married 13 years and have 3 kids. Financially we cannot afford a divorce yet because we cannot afford to pay for our house and an apartment for him at the same time. What can I do now while a prepare myself for a divorce in the future. Should I become legally separated even though we will still live together? Or when the time is right can I just file for divorce?

LdiJ

N.J. I found out my husband is gay. We are married 13 years and have 3 kids. Financially we cannot afford a divorce yet because we cannot afford to pay for our house and an apartment for him at the same time. What can I do now while a prepare myself for a divorce in the future. Should I become legally separated even though we will still live together? Or when the time is right can I just file for divorce?
One thing that you are going to have to accept is that divorce changes things financially. Its no longer "we" when it comes to financial issues. Unless one of you can not only afford the house by yourselves, but qualify for enough of a mortgage to buy out the other one's share of the equity, you are going to have to sell the house and split the proceeds.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">