• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

ily011669

I need some legal advice. I am currently involved with a married woman. She is trying desperately to leave her husband, but she has 2 children (13yrs and 7yrs) and doesn’t know how to leave or get a divorce without losing them.
Let me explain the situation a little for you. We have been seeing each other for a year now. The husband has found out about us. He has anger management problems and is abusive. He has been to my home and has broken her car window while it was parked in my lot. These seem like grounds for a restraining order or something, and it would seem like it would be kind of easy for her to get a divorce going. However, she is bipolar and after he broke her car window and threatened her, the stress got to her and she was sent to a psychiatric ward to prevent her from committing suicide. Now she is on the proper medication, but the state is watching her for her children’s protection. This is were the problem of divorce comes in and that is the reason she fears losing her children. Let me just say that at one point at a meeting with their lawyers, her husband was willing to give her the divorce with visitation of the children. However, he changed his mind when someone told him that her and I were still seen together at work talking and having lunch.
I realize that this is very limited information, but is there any advice that you may have for us in this situation? We have been waiting a year to get her out of there, but now with these circumstances, we don’t have any idea how.
Thanks....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">