• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce question-HELP!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edma

VA
my ex-wife and I have already drawn a separation agreetment in Virginia. We have not finalized a divorce yet. Now she moved to Arizona and I have moved to Florida. My question is: Do we continue the divorce with Virginia's law or Arizona's law or even Florida's law.
what am I supposed to do now if I want to finish the divorce?

Ed.

LdiJ

VA
my ex-wife and I have already drawn a separation agreetment in Virginia. We have not finalized a divorce yet. Now she moved to Arizona and I have moved to Florida. My question is: Do we continue the divorce with Virginia's law or Arizona's law or even Florida's law.

Ed.
If you have lived in Florida for at least six months, you can file for divorce there. Make sure that you acknowledge your separation agreement in the divorce.

VA

Ed.
?Has the separation agreement been signed and filed or just drawn/?

Deebow59

Once the divorce is final,I believe that the law will apply to whatever state the children live no matter where you live now or lived before the final decree. Different states have different laws regarding child custody,visitation and support so it seems logical that where the children reside is where the law resides.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">