• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

penguin47

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

My mother and father are getting a divorce. I am old enough to live on my own but my 2 younger siblings are not. My mother has been working 2 different jobs to support the family while my father sits his lazy butt at home and does nothing. Today was like some sort of pre divorce trial, with just the lawyers only. My dad lied about how hard he worked and how much money my mom made and other things. The judge for now gave him the house, the cars and the kids. He is not a nice man and can not support these kids, but my mother does not have the money to fight him in court so she is just giving up. His parents on the other hand have enough money to pay for a nice lawyer for years. My mother is getting the short end of the stick in this and I want to help her. Since I have no money to do that, I came here. Can anyone tell me anything that she can do to not have this happen to her? Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. I would testify in court as to all of this, but I am stationed in japan right now and cant afford to go home. Please help.

Thanks,

Nick

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
If your mom gives up she loses. APparently she does not want to fight for the kids. Cars and houses don't matter in the long run as they are just things. If she wants custody of the kids she could fight for them. As for your dad lying -- how do you know if you were not there and it was just the attorneys. Sounds like a temporary hearing happened.

Bali Hai

If your mom gives up she loses. APparently she does not want to fight for the kids. Cars and houses don't matter in the long run as they are just things. If she wants custody of the kids she could fight for them. As for your dad lying -- how do you know if you were not there and it was just the attorneys. Sounds like a temporary hearing happened.
Good point. Sounds like mama hasn't cut the apron strings yet.

Good point. Sounds like mama hasn't cut the apron strings yet.
furthermore, even if she was there, whats to say that it wasnt mom that was lying. the children often do not know the truth, they know what they are told by the respective parents, and seeing as how you are quick to state that your father is lazy, perhaps you have been given a dose of PAS already.

LdiJ

furthermore, even if she was there, whats to say that it wasnt mom that was lying. the children often do not know the truth, they know what they are told by the respective parents, and seeing as how you are quick to state that your father is lazy, perhaps you have been given a dose of PAS already.
If this person is old enough to live on their own. Then they are old enough to have their own opinions.:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">