• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce questions...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MIZZ~J

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA
If "married" status has been terminated can a person re-marry eventhough the actual divorce hasn't been finalized?
If not, how long after the finalization of the divorce can one get married?

CourtClerk

Your divorce is final 6 months and 1 day after the judgment is granted. Look at your final judgment, it will tell you the exact date that your divorce is final.

If you were granted a status only divorce, then you can remarry after the date indicated on the judgment.

MIZZ~J

Thanks, is there an average time given by the courts if one does get a termination of status only approved?
I've heard so many different things :confused:

LdiJ

Thanks, is there an average time given by the courts if one does get a termination of status only approved?
I've heard so many different things :confused:
The family law facilitator's office or self help center at the appropriate courthouse for your county should be able to give you a great deal of help with the issues.

MIZZ~J

what I meant to ask was**************. is there some form of timeline one has to wait on based on the length of marriage, or better said how do they determine the lenght of time given by the courts allowing you to re-marry if you have the status only terminated?
I had a friend getting status only terminated and they gave him 3 months to re-marry, why or how did they give another 3 months in specific?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">