• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Recognition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vvalen2

What is the name of your state? CA
I need advice on how to have my divorce duly recognized in the US and if I need a lawyer for the process.

I am an American citizen and I was legally married in the State of California in a civil ceremony to a Spanish citizen. At the time we legalized the marriage also in the Spanish embassy under Spanish law. We subsequently moved back to Spain (Madrid) and have since been legally divorced in the Spanish courts.

This was some years ago and I have since been remarried to another Spanish citizen. We are going to have a child and I want to assure that there will not be an issue with the dual citizenship of our child and also the recognition of my current wife under US law.

The issue I have is to have my divorce to my first wife recognized in the US.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">