• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce 'rejected'?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

melnatmama

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CALIFORNIA

Ex has the lawyer, we had our last court date on Sept. 25th 2009, the judge said she'd use this date as our 'final date of dissolution' as long as the lawyer filed the necessary paperwork within 2 weeks (Appearance, Stipulations, and Waivers). Well, he didn't file until December. And in January they sent this: Rejection Letter Issued on Judgment of Dissolution

Then they changed the verbiage on something and resent it to the courts, then on 2/2 a rejection letter was sent AGAIN.

What is this letter and does this mean we are not divorced yet? Will I not get my Divorce Decree?

mistoffolees

You really should have your own attorney rather than relying on your stbx's.

Talk with a local attorney. It shouldn't be too expensive to do this properly if you were that close to the end.

melnatmama

I wish I could! I had a lawyer but she did nothing for me except take all my money and I was forced to file for bankruptcy. So I'm afraid I'm at their mercy.

mistoffolees

I wish I could! I had a lawyer but she did nothing for me except take all my money and I was forced to file for bankruptcy. So I'm afraid I'm at their mercy.
Well, you have some other options. Talk to the other lawyer and tell him he's got 30 days to get it straightened out or else you're going to the State Bar.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">