• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce rules for Indian marraige in USA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

srhearts

Hi, I got married on 5th May, 2008 in a Sikh Temple in Sacramento, CA. Me and my wife both are from Indian origin and currently I am on work visa but my wife is American Citizen. Because of some problems, we got seperated just after 3 weeks of marraige nad looks like it will not work out. So What is the procedulre to get Divorce. So far we haven't signed any legal paper (even in Temple or Court) to prove that we are married. No marriage certificate also. Please let me know what are the rules adn procedures. Thanks

LdiJ

Hi, I got married on 5th May, 2008 in a Sikh Temple in Sacramento, CA. Me and my wife both are from Indian origin and currently I am on work visa but my wife is American Citizen. Because of some problems, we got seperated just after 3 weeks of marraige nad looks like it will not work out. So What is the procedulre to get Divorce. So far we haven't signed any legal paper (even in Temple or Court) to prove that we are married. No marriage certificate also. Please let me know what are the rules adn procedures. Thanks
Did you obtain a marriage license before the ceremony?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">