• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce, separation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Amanda Cole

I live in Minnesota. I want to divorce my husband. He wants to drag this divorce into trial. We have no assets except a house which we bought seven years ago. He has not contributed any monies toward this home. We have been living apart for the last four years. No minor children. I will be losing my free lawyer after this pre-trial hearing because of lack of funding. My husband will not sit down to a settlement meeting so this will be going to trial. I have done nothing wrong to cause this divorce. The marriage has been over for years and I just want to be out from under his control. He is very clever and has handled his own part of this divorce up to now. What chance would I have for a fair trial? Would staying married to him but being legally separated from him be enough so that he could not take my possesions that I may have from me? Would making a legal will keep him away? This divorce proceeding has been going on for nine months already and it was supposed to be just a simple divorce. Help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">