• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce settlement problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

leafus

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
In Jan 2002 I was awarded money from a QDRO. I have finely found the investment company it went to. I called and received a letter from and it stated that as of the day I called my ex had reached early retirement. I would either take it in a lump sum or monthly payments. I called the company to discuss the options and now they say that they don't even know anything about it. I am at my wits end. I have medical problems and need this money. I can't get any answers or any help. They tell me that I do not even exist. I also want to know who gets the interest form the money that has been mine since Jan 2002. It seems to me that it should be mine. It has been my money since then even though I had to find it myself.

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
In Jan 2002 I was awarded money from a QDRO. I have finely found the investment company it went to. I called and received a letter from and it stated that as of the day I called my ex had reached early retirement. I would either take it in a lump sum or monthly payments. I called the company to discuss the options and now they say that they don't even know anything about it. I am at my wits end. I have medical problems and need this money. I can't get any answers or any help. They tell me that I do not even exist. I also want to know who gets the interest form the money that has been mine since Jan 2002. It seems to me that it should be mine. It has been my money since then even though I had to find it myself.
Go back and find the documentation you filed with the QDRO and take that back to the investment company. Or, you could take the letter in that they sent you.

If the QDRO was properly executed, it should have transferred the money into a separate account in your name and you should therefore get the interest.

Bali Hai

Go back and find the documentation you filed with the QDRO and take that back to the investment company. Or, you could take the letter in that they sent you.

If the QDRO was properly executed, it should have transferred the money into a separate account in your name and you should therefore get the interest.
The QDRO was probably drawn up "your way" and now she's screwed!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">