• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce statute of limitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

V

verizon

My husband was divorced 6 and one half years ago. In the settlement, his wife was supposed to get the house. She has physcally remained in the house but the house property still has both him and his exwife's names as owners. the mortgage is also still in both names. Now she wants him to sign a quit claim deed or else she is threatening a lawsuit. Hasn't the statute of limitations already run out and therefore there is no breach of contract. Also isn't my husband now due 50% of any proceeds in case the property is sold, even though the divorce settlement stated that she would get the whole house. (for california) thank you

vrzirn

The house belongs to her. If she has been making all the mortgage payments he is not entitled to anything. I would guess she wants the quitclaim becasue she is going to refinance. He can sign off the title during the escrow and re-finance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">