• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce - still owe parents money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

10g

i am in the process of a divorce. we borrowed $50,000 from my parents as down payment on a new construction loan. the house (still under construction but almost completed) is for sale. the bank holds the first mortgage. how do i assure my parents they will get their money back when the house sells? is there a legal procedure that should be implemented? Thank you so very much! State of Tennessee resident.

LegalBeagle

10g said:
i am in the process of a divorce. we borrowed $50,000 from my parents as down payment on a new construction loan. the house (still under construction but almost completed) is for sale. the bank holds the first mortgage. how do i assure my parents they will get their money back when the house sells? is there a legal procedure that should be implemented? Thank you so very much! State of Tennessee resident.
If you are asking how do you as a couple get the money back from the contruction company, then you should post on the Real Estate board.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">