• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce stipulations for paying college loans

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

3683bub

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maine

As part of the divorce agreement, my ex-wife is to pay 50% of her daughters student loan payments, which I am the co-signer of. She has been paying all along, but I am skeptical that once I am finished paying child support and alimony, she will not pay her share. She refunds me her share every month after i make a payment.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee

As part of the divorce agreement, my ex-wife is to pay 50% of her daughters student loan payments, which I am the co-signer of. She has been paying all along, but I am skeptical that once I am finished paying child support and alimony, she will not pay her share. She refunds me her share every month after i make a payment.
If she quits paying, you take her back to court for contempt.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member

If you're skeptical that she will not pay her share (really read what you wrote - it means you are sure she WILL pay) - what is the problem?

I'mTheFather

I would have requested that the loan be refinanced into mom's/daughter's names if this is his stepdaughter.

But that's water under the bridge.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">