• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce taking long

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emmahills

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
INDIANAPOLIS,INDIANA.

I am a resident of Indianapolis,Indiana and i filed for divorce on Sep 30 2009. i mailed my ex psouse who lives in Africa to sign the waiver of hearing, settlement decree and he gladly didHe is not working so i put 0.00$ on the childsupport.we both have agreed to have joing custody of our only child now 7.dhild is living with me here in usa..After 60 days i went back on Nov 30 to file waiver of hearing,settlement decree,stamped envelopes.The next day the clerk called me and said my spouses signature was not notarised as well as mine.i just forgot to notarise mine but now i have been having a hard time getting my spouse to notarise them as he says he is busy.he doesnt answer my calls and is planning to get married.I need to have a divorce so i can legally move on.
How long is the court going to keep the case pending until i return with a notarised papers from him..what other options of making my divorce final do i have?

mistoffolees

How long is the court going to keep the case pending
The court will keep it pending until you bring it to a close by filing the correct paperwork. If you can't do that, get an attorney.

There are ways to get a divorce without the other person's signature, but few of them are DIY projects.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">