• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce in Texas

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

ellaine

What is the name of your state? Texas
I hope someone can help. I have been married for almost 2 years and have a child with my husband. Making a long story short my husband is mentally abusive and anyone that is around us see's it. I have told him that I want a divorce but he stated that he would do and say anything so that I don't get custody of my daughter. What rights do I have as a mother, I have tried the woman shelters and they are full and said that he would have just as much right to her as I do, I understand that and don't want to keep her from him but he said that if I did get her he would take her from me and disappear. I am afraid to leave because of what he might to but I don't see this marriage getting better so I know I can't stay either. Does anyone have any advice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">