• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce and TownHome

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

profGuy

What is the name of your state? MD
Hi,
I married a year ago and then we purchased a house together. My name is against the primary mortagage and i am the one who is paying mortgage every month.
In the event of our divorce, can i sell the house and get benefit of the fact that i payed for downpayment and mortgages.
Do i need her to sell the house
Can she say No if we are getting divorced
Thanks

profGuy

DO you think they belong together

Those are two different threads. One dealing with Immigration and other with divorce and property settlement. DO you think they belong at the same place???
Thanks

LdiJ

profGuy said:
Those are two different threads. One dealing with Immigration and other with divorce and property settlement. DO you think they belong at the same place???
Thanks
Although they are two separate issues, they do have an effect together on your situation. While I wouldn't necessarily ask the technical immigrations issues on this board, your immigration status can very much effect your divorce.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">