• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce TRIAL??? Help!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JaguarElvis

State of California

At what was supposed to be our final mediation, my soon to be ex said he wanted a trial! Our court date is about a month away and I have no clue about what forms I should file or actions to take. Discovery? Motions? Briefs?
I have no law knowledge and no money. Uh-oh
Please help!

mistoffolees

State of California

At what was supposed to be our final mediation, my soon to be ex said he wanted a trial! Our court date is about a month away and I have no clue about what forms I should file or actions to take. Discovery? Motions? Briefs?
I have no law knowledge and no money. Uh-oh
Please help!
Sorry, but if you can't even figure out where to start, you really need an attorney. I'd love to have a dollar for every time someone said "I don't have the money" -- and then a dollar for every time someone came back a year later because they got a raw deal because they didn't hire an attorney.

If there are no assets, no children, and no possibility of alimony (because stbx makes more money than you), the there's not much to lose. Otherwise, you could lose a LOT.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">