• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce Unfinished Buisness

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

PIKEBEAR

Massachusettes divorce.
I was divorced in May of 1997. Last week I recieved a letter dated Dec. 7, 2001 Theletter was from my exhusbands attorney telling me that my lawyer had never finished all of the paperwork needed in my divorce. One of the things he did not do was to make sure that I recieved a portion of my ex-husbands pension by filing a qualified domestic relations order. His letter goes on to say that I will have to hire a lawyer to take care of this. ( my lawyer had passed away in july ) he had no partners and I have no way of finding out if someone else has recieved my files from him. I am currently on unemployment and realy don't have the money to pay a lawyer again . Is it realy nessesary to hire a lawyer to do this? and if so Is there a way to find out what happens to your files when a lawyer passes???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">