• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

divorce vs annullment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jaz8300

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My aunt has been married twelve days. She is 77 and he is 80. He told her on the 12th day that he just couldn't have anyone living with him in his house, he just couldn't stand it. The marriage was never consummated. What is the quickest and most economical way to go about dissolving this union, divorce or annulment?

mistoffolees

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

My aunt has been married twelve days. She is 77 and he is 80. He told her on the 12th day that he just couldn't have anyone living with him in his house, he just couldn't stand it. The marriage was never consummated. What is the quickest and most economical way to go about dissolving this union, divorce or annulment?
While this looks like it might be grounds for a divorce, it's hard to see which of the grounds would be applicable:
Texas Annulment

It's probably better just to get a quick divorce. But your aunt has to do it - you can't do it for her.

jaz8300

Oh I know she has to do it, I just wanted to gather as much information as I could for her. I am going there today. I will give her the information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">