• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorce W/ Children Oops

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EMIGLUV

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

Here is the situation my boyfriend filed for divorce, his wife is on welfare so when we filed the divorce the child custody and divorce was filed together and the county filed the child support. While working with child support to figure out what amount would be payed a month they tested two of the three children. middle child turns out not to be his. Now child support will no make him pay for that child, but what happens now with the divorce? do we have to remove that child from the paperwork? He thinks he might still want visitation with her but does not want to have to support her being she is not biologically his. Someone said we would have to disestablish parentage. We have court tomorrow because she wanted him to take the kids more days being that sat-mon afternoon wasn't enough time for her to party:( We are in no hurry to marry yet but since they have been seperated for over a year I guess she found someone who will marry her and she is trying to rush us. This is a story straight out of maury. There's a lot of background to it but right now because our work schedules are hectic neither of us can make time during the week to see the courthouse lawyer. Also his family is wanting him to take his last name away from the child.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? CALIFORNIA

Here is the situation my boyfriend filed for divorce, his wife is on welfare so when we filed the divorce the child custody and divorce was filed together and the county filed the child support. While working with child support to figure out what amount would be payed a month they tested two of the three children. middle child turns out not to be his. Now child support will no make him pay for that child, but what happens now with the divorce? do we have to remove that child from the paperwork? He thinks he might still want visitation with her but does not want to have to support her being she is not biologically his. Someone said we would have to disestablish parentage. We have court tomorrow because she wanted him to take the kids more days being that sat-mon afternoon wasn't enough time for her to party:( We are in no hurry to marry yet but since they have been seperated for over a year I guess she found someone who will marry her and she is trying to rush us. This is a story straight out of maury. There's a lot of background to it but right now because our work schedules are hectic neither of us can make time during the week to see the courthouse lawyer. Also his family is wanting him to take his last name away from the child.
Ewwww. Distasteful! :eek:

EMIGLUV

Ewwww. Distasteful! :eek:
Why because I say we...I say WE because my boyfriend has a disability. I have to Drive him everywhere I fill out the paperwork for him. If you only knew the HELL I've been put through maybe you wouldn't say that. Also why should he support that child and some other guy out there is living it up instead of paying what he should. Because as of right now Myself and other california tax payers are paying for that kid being that she decided to go out and screw around on her DISABLED husband and lie to him about it being his child.

Silverplum

Why because I say we...I say WE because my boyfriend has a disability. I have to Drive him everywhere I fill out the paperwork for him. If you only knew the HELL I've been put through maybe you wouldn't say that. Also why should he support that child and some other guy out there is living it up instead of paying what he should. Because as of right now Myself and other california tax payers are paying for that kid being that she decided to go out and screw around on her DISABLED husband and lie to him about it being his child.
Still distasteful! :eek:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't have the exact time lines, but it sounds to me like your soon to be hubby is the LEGAL father of the child. (Were they married at the time the middle child was born?)

The child is a child of the marriage and needs to be listed as such.

Shay-Pari'e

Why because I say we...I say WE because my boyfriend has a disability.
And your point is?
I have to Drive him everywhere I fill out the paperwork for him. If you only knew the HELL I've been put through maybe you wouldn't say that.
Sorry, you get no sympathy, you picked the married guy. Also why should he support that child and some other guy out there is living it up instead of paying what he should. Because as of right now Myself and other california tax payers are paying for that kid being that she decided to go out and screw around on her DISABLED husband and lie to him about it being his child. Still no sympathy. You made your bed, so you choose to sleep in it, or get out of a dysfunctional relationship.

Silverplum

I don't have the exact time lines, but it sounds to me like your soon to be hubby is the LEGAL father of the child. (Were they married at the time the middle child was born?)

Zigner is, of course, correct.

ONE of the many distasteful things about the OP is the complete disregard for the child, whose parentage is in question. Poor kiddo. :(

EMIGLUV

No kidding.

OH! There is no "WE", you are not even married to the married man.
Read my post there is a WE. Before me he didn't have any help. He is disabled. I fell in love with the person not his background. Although he is still legally married I met him long after his seperation. I am the one who picks up the children even though a court order says their mother has to bring them to my home, I am the one who her kids call MOM.

EMIGLUV

Zigner is, of course, correct.

ONE of the many distasteful things about the OP is the complete disregard for the child, whose parentage is in question. Poor kiddo. :(
I love the child, but don't you think the guy out there who probably doesn't even know he has a child has a right to know her?

Shay-Pari'e

Read my post there is a WE. Before me he didn't have any help. He is disabled. I fell in love with the person not his background. Although he is still legally married I met him long after his seperation. I am the one who picks up the children even though a court order says their mother has to bring them to my home, I am the one who her kids call MOM.

Lovely, this just keeps getting better and better. You are not the childrens Mom, you are not married, you are not even a Step parent.

You can do nothing, as you have no rights. Even as a step mom, you would have no rights.

EMIGLUV

wow, but even if there was infidelity? I don't know whats going to happen we've had to deal with so much already with her, Like she won't pick the kids up after visitation If we want to see the kids we have to go get them even though the court order states she has to bring them to our home because he is not able to drive. A deputy once told me he didn't know how I did it because he only had her on the phone 5 minutes and already couldn't stand her and her lies. If i told you this story you wouldn't believe it. I sometimes lay at night thinking if this is all a nightmare.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">